New version 1.1 of the Freeview HD TV Guide app for easier TV planning, favourite programme sharing and searching of Freeview content
Freeview, the UK’s most-watched digital TV service, today announces the launch of its Freeview HD TV Guide app update for the iPhone iOS 4. Acting on user feedback, Freeview has been working hard to evolve functionality, helping viewers to plan their TV watching whilst on the go. The original app, which launched in February this year, has since been downloaded over 50,000 times from the iTunes app store.
The free and upgraded app is now compatible with iPhone iOS 4 offering all of its original functions alongside a selection of exciting new features including:
- Share with friends: Recommend shows to your friends via email at the touch of a button
- Scroll through days: Plan your viewing day and access up to 10 days of advance Freeview listings
- Programme reminder: Automatically set iPhone calendar alerts for your favourite shows
- Offline viewing: The app saves viewed content for viewing without reception
- Programme alternative dates / times: An essential tool to find out about the repeat times of any shows you may have missed
Version 1.1 still has all of the original Freeview HD TV Guide features, including the Programme Guide, ‘Now and Next’ viewing and the ‘Top 10’ channel list, making it an essential tool for TV planning. Users can also set their local region listings and personalise the app by re-ordering favourite channels.
Adrian Mack, New Media Manager at Freeview says “Freeview’s commitment to helping viewers get the most out of subscription-free TV programmes is underlined with the upgrade of our HD TV Guide app. After listening to our users, we’ve added sharing features as well as search options and programme reminders; this iPhone app makes TV planning easy and intuitive.”
HD listings are available for the BBC HD channel, ITV1 HD and Channel 4 HD. BBC One HD listings will be added when the channel becomes available in the autumn on Freeview HD.
The Freeview app is free and available for all iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users to download from the iTunes app store now.