With amazing detail and beautiful, rich colour, HD is the best way to experience programmes on Freeview. Get the UK’s favourite TV channels in high definition subscription free!
The easiest way to join the 3.7 million households already enjoying Freeview HD is to get a TV with Freeview HD built-in. Simply plug your roof top aerial into the TV and you’ll get the HD channels, starting with BBC One HD on channel 101. Or you can get a Freeview HD recorder and connect it to an existing HD-ready TV.
We already offer up to 10 HD channels, and there are more to come in 2014. Use our coverage check to see the channels available in your area.
All channels are subject to coverage and may be changed from time to time. Aerial upgrade and/or receiver may be required.
- Up to 5 times more detail than standard TV, with superb picture quality and amazing clarity and sharpness.
The most popular programmes
- Up to 10 channels in HD, subscription free
- TV drama has never been more gripping from Call the Midwife to Law and Order UK
Objects of desire
- Freeview HD is built-in to most new TVs from the big brands
- Or get a Freeview+ HD recorder
Smart TVs let you access your favourite catch up and on demand services such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, Demand 5, YouTube and Netflix from your TV, instead of your PC.
It’s easy to install
For more on how to set up Freeview HD or a Smart TV check our handy guide