From 8th August 2018, Freeview will be giving away up to 50 gifts to the first 50 residents of Freedom Street, Sheffield, S6 2X that register their interest in participating in the Freedom Road Giveaway (the “Giveaway”).
The Freedom Road Giveaway is a marketing campaign led by Freeview to showcase that Freeview is a credible alternative to pay TV. For residents that currently have a Virgin Media, BT or Sky pay TV contract only (“Pay TV Contract”) Freeview will be offering up to £250 to cover the penalty charge of leaving the Pay TV Contract as well as a new Freeview Play TV. Existing Freeview customers will be offered a new Freeview Play TV. For the avoidance of doubt, only the first 50 residents that register their interest will be eligible to participate in the giveaway, and Pay TV Contracts do not include any broadband, mobile or landline bundles.
The gifts available are either: up to £250 to cover the penalty charge of leaving your Pay TV Contract and a new Freeview Play TV (a LG 43LK5900PLA 43″ Smart HDR LED TV or similar) if you not a Freeview Customer, including aerial installation where required (“Gift 1”); or a new Freeview Play TV (a LG 43LK5900PLA 43″ Smart HDR LED TV or similar) if you are an existing Freeview Customer (“Gift 2”) (each a “Gift” and together the “Gifts”).
- The promoter of the Giveaway is DTV Services Limited trading as Freeview (the “Promoter” or “Freeview”), with its registered office at 2nd Floor, 27 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JF.
- The Giveaway is open to all adult residents of Freedom Street, Sheffield, S6 2X over the age of 18, excluding employees of Freeview or any other company linked to the Competition Giveaway in any way (the “Residents”).
- You must be 18 on or before 8th August 2018.
- Freeview shall send letters to the Residents detailing the Giveaway and how to enter. The letter will provide a link to the Freeview website page where Residents can register an interest in participating in the Giveaway. The letter will provide a clear timing plan of how the activity will work and what the Resident will need to do to be eligible for either Gift. Registration will open on 8th August 2018 and will close on the date that 50 Residents have registered to participate in the Giveaway or 24th August 2018, whichever comes first (the “Closing Date”).
- Only one entry per household will be accepted. The recipients of the Gifts (“Recipients”) will be chosen based on the first 50 households that register their interest with Freeview. If more than one person from a household enters the Giveaway, the first entry in time will be accepted only and the second will be ineligible. If Freeview discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that you have exceeded the maximum number of entries you may be disqualified.
- In order to be eligible for Gift 1, Residents with a Pay TV Contract will need to be among the first 50 people to register interest in the Giveaway. The deadline for a Resident to sign a document declaring their intent to cancel their Pay TV Contract is 28th August 2018. Within 30 days of the deadline, the Resident must provide Freeview with proof that they have cancelled their Pay TV Contract and the value of the penalty charge for cancellation. Proof of cancellation may vary, and for the avoidance of doubt, can include screenshots of company-headed emails and/or letters from your Pay TV provider, or emailed versions of the same.
- In order to be eligible for Gift 2, Residents will need to be among the first 50 people to register interest in the Giveaway and the entrant must be an existing Freeview Customer. The deadline for a Resident to sign a document declaring they are an existing Freeview Customer is 28th August 2018.
- If the Recipient of the Gift 1 does not have an aerial installed, or their aerial needs repair, they will need to provide evidence that they require a new or repaired aerial. Freeview will manage the installation or repair process and cover reasonable costs of a new aerial or aerial repair, the Recipient shall not participate in this process directly.
- The result of the Giveaway is final. No discussion will be entered into with Freeview or its representatives concerning the outcome.
- Once Freeview has received the registrations from the first 50 Residents, Freeview will inform all Residents that the Giveaway is closed by updating its website (www.freeview.co.uk/FreedomRoad).
- Within 30 days of the Closing Date, Freeview and/or its third party service provider shall deliver and install the Freeview Play TVs to each Recipient of the Gifts.
- The Recipients of Gift 1 shall receive the Pay TV Contract cancellation payment via cheque within 30 days of receipt of valid evidence regarding cancellation of your Pay TV Contract. The cheque must be dispatched to a UK postal address on Freedom Street, Sheffield, S6 2X, which will be disclosed to Freeview following contact being made with Recipient through email. Freeview will not be liable if the cheque fails to reach you or if you cannot take it for reasons beyond Freeview’s control, or if Freeview is unable to contact you, including due to your provision of inaccurate or incomplete information.
- There are no cash alternatives to the Gifts offered. Freeview in its sole discretion may replace the Gift with another gift of identical or similar value if the original Gift is unavailable for any reason.
- By entering into the Giveaway, the Recipients agree to participate in publicity at Freeview’s request. This publicity may include filming of the Freedom Street party on 8th September and Gift presentations to Residents that have consented to be filmed.
- By entering the Giveaway you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Entries received after the Closing Date and time will be invalid and will not be considered.
- If Freeview cannot contact a Recipient (via email) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at Freeview’s sole discretion), Freeview reserves the right to choose a new Recipient on these terms.
- You warrant, represent and undertake to Freeview that:
- you have the legal capacity and are free contractually to enter into and to perform this agreement and have not entered and will not enter into any professional, legal or other commitment which would or might conflict with or prevent their doing so;
- you are 18 years of age or older and they agree to provide Freeview with identification to confirm their age if required to do so by Freeview; and
- if you are registering an interest in Gift 1, you are the account holder of a Pay TV Contract.
- Each party shall, at its own expense, ensure that it complies with and assists the other party to comply with the requirements of all legislation and regulatory requirements in force from time to time relating to the use of personal data, including (without limitation) (i) any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 2018 and any successor legislation; and (ii) for so long as and to the extent that the law of the EU has legal effect in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any other directly applicable EU regulation relating to privacy. This clause is in addition to, and does not reduce, remove or replace, a party’s obligations arising from such requirements.
- Freeview will collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with the privacy notice on the Freeview website (https://www.freeview.co.uk/privacy-notice). Freeview may disclose your Personal Data to third party service providers and partners who will assist to administer the Giveaway on Freeview’s behalf as well as for promotion and marketing purposes related to the Giveaway.
You acknowledge that:
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- For all queries or issues with this competition, please contact: [email protected] or ‘Competitions’ at Freeview’s address above.