If you have a broadband connection and live in the UK, you should be able to get Freeview Play.
To watch programmes in standard definition, you’ll need broadband speed of 2Mbps for high quality, uninterrupted playback. For high definition viewing, 3Mbps is required. The good news for most people is that their broadband speed is well above this.
The most common cause of problems with playing back a programme is a weak Wi-Fi signal, Wi-Fi interference or other connectivity problems. Check your internet connection using a smartphone or tablet near the TV to identify this problem.
If you want to know more about broadband, check out the following links:
- Check your current internet speed using Speedtest.
- See which broadband providers are available at your address
- Your best bet is your broadband provider’s website, but click here for general troubleshooting tips
- The communications regulator, Ofcom, also offers some tips for improving broadband speeds
- Ofcom also offer an interactive coverage map