Many Freeview devices now prompt you to retune (rescan) when a new service launches or a change has taken place, and all you need to do is press ok or retune.
But if yours doesn't do this, you may need to manually start the retune. The process is straightforward. While it may vary slightly depending on which device you have, it usually includes the following steps:
- Press menu on your box or TV remote control
- Select set up, installation, update, or a similar option. If you’re asked for a password, the default code is 1234 or 0000.
- Select first-time installation (sometimes called factory reset, full retune or default settings).
- Press OK if your equipment asks if it's OK to delete existing channels, then your retune should start automatically.
- If prompted, save the channels that are found.
If you are having problems viewing channels after retuning we can help you to fix the problem.
You might find that your channel favourites and scheduled recordings are also deleted after retuning, so you'll need to check and reset them. But any recordings you've made should still be there.
But if your set-top box or TV isn’t working correctly, you may sometimes need to clear its memory completely or reboot it. If you have any problems, check the user manual, or get in touch with the manufacturer.