Freeview Play is not available on Samsung TVs. But, if your Samsung TV was manufactured in 2016 or earlier, it will most likely have Freeview installed.
For the most detailed information on how to retune your Samsung device we'd recommend that you visit the Samsung support page and enter your model number into the search box.
From here you will be able to download the instruction manual for your device which will contain step by step instructions on retuning.
You can also follow the instructions detailed below for some models.
Follow these instructions to retune your Freeview compatible Samsung TV:
- Check which model Samsung TV you have to make sure you choose the right instructions.
- Samsung model numbers are usually displayed on a white label placed on the back of the TV.
- On newer Samsung models press the Menu button on the TV remote.
- Then select Support on the Samsung TV screen and the model number of the TV should display on the screen.
Then, follow the instructions below that match your Samsung TV Model:
LE Series models - model number ending in BD
- Press the D. Menu button.
- Use the Down arrow button to select Channel (Satellite dish icon) and press the Enter/OK button.
- Select Auto store on the first line of the menu and press the Enter/OK button.
- A re-tune screen will appear No action required.
- BBC1 will automatically play out behind the menu when the re-tune has completed.
LE series models - Model numbers ending in FXXU
- Press the Menu button once.
- Press the down cursor button until Digital menu is selected.
- Press the right cursor key to highlight Guide.
- Press the down cursor button to highlight Digital channel.
- Press the Enter button.
- Press the down cursor button to highlight Auto store.
- Press the right cursor button to enter Auto store menu.
- In Auto store menu press the Enter button to start scanning for digital services.
- Once the scan has finished, the channel list will be updated automatically.
HU Series 4 to Series 8 models
- Press the Menu button on your remote control. Use the Up/Down arrow buttons for navigation.
- Scroll down to Auto Store and press the Enter button.
- Select Antenna type and press the Enter button.
- Select the Antenna type that you are using (Air or Cable) and press the Enter button. Make sure that your aerial is connected to your device before re-tuning.
- Select the Channel Source (Air) and press the Enter button.
- Select Digital and press the Enter button.
- Select Search and press the Enter button. This will scan for all available Freeview channels.
For Samsung Models not included in the above lists, here are some general Samsung retuning steps:
- Press Menu.
- Select Broadcasting and press OK.
- Select Autotuning and press OK.
- Select Aerial (air) and press OK.
- Select Channel type (digital).
- Select Scan and press OK.
- Once the scan has finished, select Primary region, press OK.
- Select Secondary region, press OK.
- Select Additional region, press OK.
- Select Close.