FREEVIEW PLAY competition on All 4 – 27th October to 20 December
Terms and Conditions
Competition entry and eligibility
1. To enter the competition, input your full name and email address and correctly answer the question on the on-screen form when prompted during the Freeview Play advert watched via All 4. By submitting your completed form, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
2. The competition begins on 27th October at 09:00. All entries must be received by 23:00 on 20 December 2015 and late entries (for whatever reason) will be invalid. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
3. Entry is open only to United Kingdom residents aged 18 and over at the date of entry. Employees and agents of the Promoter or any company associated with the competition are ineligible to enter the competition, as are members of their families or households. Entries must be made by the authorised account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry.
4. One entry is allowed per person. If the Promoter discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that you have exceeded the maximum number of entries, including the use of multiple email accounts, you may be disqualified. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your entry to us. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
The Prize and Selecting the Winner
5. There is one prize to be won: a Panasonic television, model TX-40CX680B.
6. The prize is awarded at the Promoter’s discretion and no prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable or exchangeable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value.
7. The prize winner will be the first entry to be selected at random from all eligible entries received prior to the closing date. Only entrants who correctly answer the question referred to in paragraph 1 will be included in the prize draw. The winner will be notified by email sent to the email address supplied by the entrant on the competition entry form. Such notification will be sent by 22 December 2015.
Claiming the Prize
8. In order to claim the prize, the winner will be asked to provide an address in the United Kingdom to which the prize should be delivered, by return email or such other method of communication as may be specified in the notification email. The prize will be delivered within 28 days of the date on which the winner provides their address. The Promoter will not be liable if any prize fails to reach you or if you cannot take it for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, if any prize is damaged during delivery, or if the Promoter is unable to contact you, including due to your provision of inaccurate or incomplete information.
9. If a prize remains unclaimed 28 days after the initial notification is sent to a winner, the winner is ineligible, the winner’s entry is invalid or disqualified or the winner has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected at random in accordance with the procedure set out above.
10. The name and county of the winner will be available after 22 December 2015 by writing to the Promoter at the address specified in paragraph 20.
11. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for lost, unauthorised, misdirected, illegible, falsified, delayed or incomplete entries, all of which are invalid and void, or for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this competition, including as a result of any technical delay, failure or defect.
12. The decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right at any time: (i) to verify, or have a third party verify, that any entrant meets the eligibility requirements and has complied with these terms and conditions; and/or (ii) to disqualify any entry that fails to meet such eligibility requirements and/or otherwise comply with these terms and conditions.
14. Entrants’ details will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of administering the competition. Entrants’ details will also be used for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you want to receive marketing materials (such as email newsletters) from the Promoter.
15. The Promoter may pass entrants’ details to third parties either where the third party is acting on the Promoter’s behalf for the purposes of administering this competition and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or for the purposes of sending you the Promoter’s marketing materials (provided you have indicated that you wish to receive any such marketing materials); and/or as otherwise required by law.
16. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and the winner shall participate in such activity on the Promoter’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by the Promoter and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the prize draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the Promoter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the competition, all entrants consent to the same.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, delay or amend this competition temporarily or permanently and with or without prior notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control including without limitation cases of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure) and will not be in breach of these terms or liable for any delay or failure in performing its obligations due to such circumstances. You agree that the Promoter and its affiliates, agents and their employees, directors and shareholders will be held harmless by you for any liability, loss, damage, injury or disappointment of any kind resulting in any way from participation in the competition. The Promoter further disclaims liability from any damage to your or another person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or any other loss that may not be excluded or restricted by law. The Promoter makes no express or implied warranties with respect to the safety, appearance or performance of the prize.
18. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. The Promoter is DTV Services Limited, 2nd Floor, 27 Mortimer Street, London, England W1T 3JF. For all queries or issues with this competition, please contact: email@example.com or ‘Prize Draws’ at the Promoter’s address above.
© 2015 DTV Services Limited