We’re really rather fond of our #SingingToys and couldn’t imagine what Freeview HQ would be like without them now. If you haven’t seen them yet then you should:
We asked our Facebook fans to share their most treasured toy stories. We were amazed by the response we received. 1,649 fans shared touching, heart-warming stories about old friends.
From pandas that have absailed around the world to one-eyed dogs and hand-made wonders of the doll world, your toys have seen it all. Here are our five favourite stories, as recalled by our #SingingToys
- 1. Colin gave us proof that if you stick by your troops, they’ll look after you forever. And proof that toys, like a fine wine, only get better with age
- 2. Ann shared the same thought. Her teddy’s been there for her through thick and thin
- 3. Liz’s dog ornament is more than mere porcelain. It’s memories
- 4. Christine shared her own tale of love…her teddy is 43 years old and still going strong:
- 5. But not everyone’s lucky enough to still have their best pal still by their side. Spare a thought for Gary- his mum threw his teddy away when he was eight. This one’s for all the lost toys.
Battered. Bruised. Torn. Stained. Threadbare. Loved. Irreplaceable. We’re proud to say that we love ours. Do you have a story that you want to share? Tweet FreeviewTV with #SingingToys or share your story on our Facebook page.